Our little veggie patch is currently dripping with tomatoes. At first we were all very enthusiastic about this bounty, but I’m afraid Grace has experienced too much of a good thing! After weeks of eating tomatoes (in some form or another) as part of her lunch and dinner, Grace has decided to go on a (gasp!) tomato hiatus. Like her mother, she doesn’t want to be served the same thing over and over again and I guess she’s allowed. So I put together a non-tomato salad for us all last night which she happily devoured. We enjoyed it with some fresh tuna and eggplant, ricotta crostini for a super simple yet tasty summer dinner. It’s hardly a recipe, but I thought I’d share for anyone else who has had their fill of summer tomatoes like my child apparently has.
Summer Blueberry Salad
Serves 2 adults and 1 toddler
For the salad:
- 1 bunch butter and red lettuce or any green of choice
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and slice then
- Goat cheese and chopped nuts of choice
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grainy dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- handful of crushed blueberries
Assemble and enjoy!